[plug] Which services run at boot time

Earnshaw, Mike earnshawm at wa.switch.aust.com
Fri Jun 30 11:06:28 WST 2000

I would like to check which services run at boot time. My understanding
so far (RH)

/etc/rc.d/init.d contains the "programs" which run at boot. Control is
then passed to the appropriate run level /etc/rc.d/rcX.d which contains
things like K35smb etc. K stands for kill, S for start and "35" for some
kind of sequence.

I have tried looking in linuxconf for a list of services but it has
eluded me.

Problem is when I reboot the machine services like smb and dhcpd don't
appear to start. I have to issue a /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/K35smb start etc.

Help for the clueless please?

Thanks