[plug] RH Upgrade / X problem

Dave T Burbidge dave969 at iinet.net.au
Fri Jun 30 20:29:34 WST 2000

Greetings!

Just upgraded from RH 6.0 to RH 6.2 using APC cover CD ... I just did a
straight upgrade - no mucking around selecting / deselecting packages.
Everything boots fine until login. I'm on the RunLevel to boot straight
in X ... and it starts flickering the screen between graphics & text
modes (cycles about once per second) ... which is completely useless for
me :(

X worked fine yesterday before the upgrade.

I know what to do to fix it (well, where to go & play :)  how can I get
it to settle down so I can login?

Thanks.

Dave :)

Web:    http://www.iinet.net.au/~dave969