[plug] Doing an NFS install of Redhat 6.1

Buddrige, David david.buddrige at mitswa.com.au
Thu Mar 2 12:22:59 WST 2000

Hi all,

I have been attempting to do an NFS install of Redhat 6.1.   I have been
able to do this successfully with Redhat 5.2 in a fairly straightforward
operation - I simply plug in the 5.2 boot disk, and then choose NFS install
instead of CD-ROM install, and then specify the IP of the server, and the
mount point of the Redhat 5.2 image, and I'm away.  However when I attempt
the same operation - booting from a RedHat 6.1 bootdisk, it keeps asking for
a driver disk - however, while I have tried every image provided in the
images directory of the Redhat 6.1 CD, it does not recognise any of them as
a "driver disk".  Has anyone had any experience with this, and would know
where I might obtain said driver disk?

cheers

David Buddrige
Software Engineer