[plug] Promise Fastrack 66 ide raid controller.

Wayne G xerodude at bigpond.com
Tue Mar 7 14:12:16 WST 2000

To Jason..... and others...

My reports are pretty good. Faster than a scsi-uw drive.

How much would a 25 meg scsi UW HDD and controller cost ???

Besides, for home/desktop use (not server) the price is extremely viable. If
the article I read is correct, I can do the ide raid controller for $70 ( how
much is a scsi one ???) and 4 x 6.4 gig hdd's @ $189 each.

That is less than $1000 for 30-40meg xfers with 25 gig storage.

As for "hogging" I would assume the card should take care of this... According
to the data sheet it is bus mastering and supports multitasking while doing
data xfer.

You tell me the economics...

But I need to know if I can run this under linux....

Wayne.