[plug] RH 6.0 nfs install problem

Bob Ogden bob at contact.omen.com.au
Tue Mar 7 20:42:53 WST 2000

I'm hopeing someone can point out what I've missed.

Installing from RedHat 6.0 server.
I'm trying to install to a laptop sans CD. I've built the bootnet and
pcmcia disks which appear to work ok as there is some activity out of the
ethernet port but it returns
nfs mount failed : Permission denied
then
I could not mount that directory from the server.
before retuning you to the It gets as far as the  server name -IP# /
redhat directory dialogue.

On the server I have
edited exports so that /mnt/cdrom/RedHat is available to the *.domain of
the laptop  edited hosts.allow for the ip#/netmask of the laptop checked
that host info exists for laptop IP#
started rpc.mountd
started rpc.nfsd
checked with rpcinf -p that portmap mountd and nfsd are running.

>From what I've read it _should_ all then just work... but it don't.

Any help gratefully appreciated :).

--
/-- Bob Ogden  bob at contact.omen.com.au --------------/

Only 249 shopping days left till Xmas or
290 days for you heathens shopping on Sundays :)