[plug] Someone in Perth to show me a bit about linux

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Mar 9 09:10:37 WST 2000

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Phil wrote:

> I'm in Perth and I'm looking for someone to show me a bit about Linux
> I have just started a isp

Oh no, not another one :) Oh, OK, local-call access for a country town.

>and the guy who set the server up can be a bit hard to get hold of so I
>need to learn the basics get a general understanding of how linux works
> I'm pretty sure I would be able to pick it up from there

If you know Unix, then yes. Otherwise there is an awful lot to learn. But
at the end you will have an understanding, unlike Windoze - even MS
employees never really understand how that works.

Check the plug archives for suggestions of a good beginners book:
http://www.cantech.net.au/plug/search.html

> So if you know of anyone who would like a bit of work on the side please let me know

I'm sure a few people here would offer phone/e-mail support and remote
admin at good rates.
  You might try your local high school for some cheap on-site beginners
tuition. Do you want someone to come to Jarrahdale?

Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>   Perth, Australia.
                          --==--