[plug] Disk Partitioning & Dial on Demand questions

Chris Griffin chrisg at doladns.dola.wa.gov.au
Fri Mar 10 09:43:22 WST 2000

I have a system at home that I am setting up for a friend that posses some
interesting questions, well for me anyway, and would appreciate some
help/advice.

The system has two drives in it. The first is a 4GB of which I can have
1Gig for the system, the rest is for user data area. With all of the system
and facilities I had to install, it left me with that partition 93% full.
For this reason I fitted an old 240MB drive as a secondary and would like
to add this into the system. This raises two questions for me.
First, should I just move /var onto this drive or should I move other areas
onto it as well.
Secondly, how do I move it over without having to reinstall the system?

The next problem/challenge:

I need to set up some sort of "dial on demand" to get it to automatically
connect to their ISP when he dials in from home (it will have two modems)
and wants to send/receive email or browse the Internet.
  I am quite happy to read/use the doco, if someone could just point me in
the right direction for these.

Many thanks folks.

Regards,
Chris Griffin
                               \\\___///
                               \\  - -  //
                                (  @ @  )
+----------------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------------+
| Chris Griffin, Senior Network Engineer                |
| Email: chris.griffin at mitswa.com.au                    |
| Managed Information Technology Solutions (M.I.T.S)    |
| 1st Floor, Batholomew House, 31 Ventnor Avenue,       |
| West Perth W.A. 6005                                  |
| PH: +61 (08) 9481-4066  FAX: +61 (08) 9481-4064       |
I haven't lost my mind -     oooO   (   )
- it's backed up on tape    (   )    ) /
   somewhere.                 \ (    (_/
                               \_)