[plug] XWin client access?

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Fri Mar 10 10:02:04 WST 2000

>> There was a free one around that was very basic, but I can't
>remember the
>> name of it.
>
>You're thinking of MiX (http://www.microimages.com).  I use it.  On
>Windows it supports X11r5 only.  Means you can't run GNOME stuff.  I
>run fvwm95 (yeah, I know...) on it and it works fine with that, plus
>Netscape etc.
>
>- --
>JEREMY MALCOLM Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au http://malcolm.wattle.id.au

I was indeed! The X11R5 only support is interesting information.

By the way, XWin32's downloadable trial version was (probably still is)
unlimited days but cuts you off after an hour. Useful if all you want is an
occassional x connection.

Dave.

  David Griffiths                               griffith at environ.wa.gov.au

  Systems Manager
  Air Quality Management Branch
  Department of Environmental Protection            Phone:   61 8 9222 7151

  Westralia Square                                  Fax  :   61 8 9321 5184
  141 St Georges Tce
  Perth 6000
  Western Australia