[plug] Postfix help! Fixed...

Christian christian at global.net.au
Tue Mar 14 09:00:38 WST 2000

Greg Raftery wrote:

> Not sure, but I did figure out my problem (by reading the fine manual
> repeatedly until my brain absorbed what it was trying to tell me).
>
> I was trying to do an alias like this :
> root : username
>
> and saw the light and changed it to
> root : /usr/spool/mail/username
>
> and it worked after a reload.

This is one way of doing it but you shouldn't have to.  I have an
aliases file which contains:
root:		username
(etc.)
and it works perfectly.  Where did you get your Postfix from?  It sounds
like the package you're using is severely broken.

Also, did it say anything in the log files to indicate what the problem
is?  Is your mydestination set up correctly?  This all sounds really
weird since, having installed Postfix on half a dozen machines
(admittedly all using the Debian package), I've never had a single
problem...

Regards,

Christian.