[plug] intranetworking

Gado filpee at iinet.net.au
Thu Mar 16 17:48:47 WST 2000

YAY I finally got sound to go along with linux. For those who helped I
thankyou. What I endded up doing was sticking an old soundblaster 16 into an
isa slot then compiling my kernel with the correct support then viola, lo
and behold we have sound.
Spose next step is to get the ethernet card to work.
Quick question, once I do manage to get the ethernet card to work can I
network with win98 and get internet access? I would like to get a modem for
the linux box but it costs money and the modem that I've got is a pci type.
If you belive the modem howto aparently pci modems are a right pain to get
working.

Ta guys
Gado
(Phil)
ps Whats the date for the next meeting? If I'm free I might tag along and
meet a few of yas.