[plug] flaming on the mailing list

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 17 18:15:51 WST 2000

Neil Hunt wrote:

> Actually I've been on and off this mailing list for 2 years now.  I only just came back to Perth from 12 months in Sydney, and lo and behold, I discover Mr Busby is here too.  Actually I didn't attack you for the crap on the other mailing list, I attacked you for the crap on this mailing list, of which there has apparently been a great deal since I left.
> The Perth Linux Users Group was set up to assist Perth Linux users, not Perth iiNet users.  If you are going to post crap about iiNet, this is not the forum for it.
> Welcome to my world.
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 05:45:26PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> > Neil Hunt wrote:
> > >
> > > I have been on this list for two days, and have already put up with your crap
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > So, you think it alright to come onto this mailing list, to personally attack me
> > for what I have said on another mailing list?
> >
> > What kind of scum are you?
> >
> > Unfortunately, smartlist appears to accept anyone, and is not particular about
> > what kind of person it accepts...
> >
> > :-[
> >
> > --
> >
> > Bret Busby

> --
> Neil Hunt
> HuntCorp Enterprises
> grover at indigo.net.au
> 0414 306 238

Obviously, after two years, you are not capable af reading what has been posted
posting relating to iinet and email, and the relevance.

Similarly, you are not capable of simple netiquette, such as using an email
application that allows wrapping of lines, or, of not using mailing lists for
flaming.

If you had read the material on the linux-aus mailing list, you might have
appreciated the value of what I said, and what came out of it.

But, no, being the kind of entity that you have shown yourself to be, you seem
to believe that mailing lists scuh as this, exist solely for you to use for
flaming others on the mailing list, and, you have indicated that you regard the
mailing list, and plug, as belonging solely to you. ("Welcome to my world.")

It is unfortunate that this list is not moderated, and that it allows any kind
of scum to post messages, and any kind of behaviour, on the mailing list.

But then, in spite of what you may believe, this mailing list is here to serve
the community, and is not just here for any particular person's sole benefit,
whether it be you or any other such arrogant person, or, me, or any other
person, and, therefore, must be governed by the community, which has decided
that moderation is not to be instituted.

Therefore, unfortunately, we have to put up with scum like you, and, similarly,
the tolerance should be applied both ways, with scum like you being requireed to
tolerate those who are not.

One day, maybe, you will wake up to the fact that the world does not exist for
your sole benefit and amusement.

If you didn't attack me for what I put on the other mailing list, as you claim,
try reading what you write, and what you have written, specifically the first
sentence of your first abusive posting today. I assume that you are not so
stupid, as to not be able to understand what you wrote.

But, then again, I could be wrong...

--

Bret Busby