[plug] List domains and netiquette

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Tue Mar 21 17:03:21 WST 2000

Bret Busby wrote:
> Also, the separation of the users into separate mailing lists, depending on the
> knowledge and ability, could lead to elitism within PLUG, to an extent that
> might not be good.

This is probably a good point and not something I had previously
considered.  Although I don't think that PLUG would really ever become
"elitist", I still think something along those lines is probably not
really in the spirit with which the group operates.  I would be more
concerned about people deliberately excluding other people over personal
issues since this wouldn't be hard to do.

> Perhaps, as was, I believe, mentioned at the AGM last year, if anyone has the
> time and the inclination, the "digest", or web site of FAQ's, could be created,
> which could also make finding information easier, about Linux issues, apart from
> information about PLUG and the mailing list.
> Unfortunately, this is one of those things, that has been discussed on the
> mailing list, and, remained only a discussion, without further action. I believe
> Leon started a thread about this, sometime in the last couple of months.

Well, I have offered...

Regards,

Christian.