[plug] gpart is King! [was: OT: HD Data recovery]

Greg Raftery ghost at vianet.net.au
Wed Mar 22 00:13:16 WST 2000

Bloody great advice Nick! gpart worked very nicely for me too...picked all
the partitions...and gave me all the info to recreate them with fdisk.

I managed to get the first of the 3 partitions back, luckily for me it was
the one with all the vital data. Maybe I will try again to get the other two
after I burn what I have on the first to CD.

Tip for impressing females : recover their previously unrecoverable data!

Thanks to everyone for all the advice.
Greg Raftery