[plug] PLUG FAQ

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Wed Mar 22 10:28:35 WST 2000

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Christian wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Well, several people have responded inviting me to start and maintain a
> PLUG FAQ so, if there are no objections, I'll do just that. :-)  At this
> stage what I'm suggesting is that people write to me and propose
> questions (preferably with answers!) that should be covered and I'll
> start putting them together and organising them into sections (assuming
> we have enough questions).

Maybe a "contributionsi/thank you" sub-section.
	Thanks Gary for his hard work during the inception of plug
	Thanks Linux Aus. for hosting the domain and supporting plug
	Thanks Matt for spark :)
	Thanks Matt for running the mailing list
	Thanks WASP for bandwidth
	etc etc etc

Also ... and this may be a bad Idea. we could have a list of Linux (un)friendly
ISP's  we'd have to be carefull what we said BUT I think some people would
like a ISP that doesn;t hear Linux and hang-up the phone.

> My suggestions for sections are:
> 1. ABOUT PLUG
> About the group, primary goals, organisation, how to gain membership,
> benefits of membership, meetings, reasoning behind decisions on all the
> bureacratic things like incorporation (which I haven't really been
> following so someone will have to fill me in on this).

We are incorporated.  We did it so PLUG can hold property and accept
donations, monetary (sp?) or hardware.

I think some stuff on the committee would be usefull.  Who are the curerent
office holders and how to get in touch with them.

> 3. TECHNICAL STUFF?
> As for the more technical stuff, I'm not sure about what to put... In
> general I've noticed that the same questions don't get asked too many
> times over (although there are probably plenty of exceptions) so, if you
> can think of a question you've seen asked once too often then please
> email me with it so I can include it.  Otherwise I'll just start
> including questions that I see get posted which I think should be part
> of the FAQ.

Maybe in the "tech" section we could have a sub-section for some of the
"major" apps that get used. It would make things easier to find IMO.
samba, "printing"

You could also, if you wanted and others where willing.  Deletagte
respnsibility for some of the subsections to other members.

Yours Tony.