[plug] PLUG FAQ

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Wed Mar 22 10:35:02 WST 2000

"Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" wrote:
> Maybe a "contributionsi/thank you" sub-section.
>         Thanks Gary for his hard work during the inception of plug
>         Thanks Linux Aus. for hosting the domain and supporting plug
>         Thanks Matt for spark :)
>         Thanks Matt for running the mailing list
>         Thanks WASP for bandwidth
>         etc etc etc

That's a good idea although I'm not sure if it's really a frequently
asked *question*.  Perhaps it should go on the current PLUG site
somewhere?

> Also ... and this may be a bad Idea. we could have a list of Linux (un)friendly
> ISP's  we'd have to be carefull what we said BUT I think some people would
> like a ISP that doesn;t hear Linux and hang-up the phone.

Perhaps it would be better to have a list of Linux-friendly ISPs?  That
way we don't get sued for saying someone is Linux-unfriendly...

> We are incorporated.  We did it so PLUG can hold property and accept
> donations, monetary (sp?) or hardware.
> I think some stuff on the committee would be usefull.  Who are the curerent
> office holders and how to get in touch with them.

Ok, I might have to get some of the details here off you if that's
alright...

> Maybe in the "tech" section we could have a sub-section for some of the
> "major" apps that get used. It would make things easier to find IMO.
> samba, "printing"

*nod*

> You could also, if you wanted and others where willing.  Deletagte
> respnsibility for some of the subsections to other members.

I'm quite happy for people to write entire questions and answers that I
just include verbatim into the document (with appropriate credits) but
splitting up the FAQ might end up making it difficult to manage (I was
planning to probably use an Embperl page to make it easier to manage...)

Regards,

Christian.