[plug] Software for other Unix's

Paul Baumgarten paul at kcc.wa.edu.au
Thu Mar 30 16:28:46 WST 2000

Gday all

I am curious to know what experience people have had regarding using
binaries that have been compiled for one of the Unix's, on Linux.

Of course I am writing this with a particular product in mind.  The Netscape
Calender Server (now known as the iPlanet Calender Server).  It is available
for downloads in HP-Unix 11.0; Solaris 2.6; and NT 4.0.  I don't want to
build an NT box... that much is obvious.  Do binaries for other Intel Unix's
generally work on Linux?  If I was to download one to "try and see", which
is likely to be the most compatible, HP's Unix or the Solaris?

Or should I wait until they eventually port it to Linux?  (Anyone know how
long that might be?)

TIA

Paul Baumgarten (email: paul at kcc.wa.edu.au)
Information Systems Manager