[plug] Is Red hat truly flawed?

Quintin Lette lette at it.net.au
Tue May 2 14:31:07 WST 2000

Leon Brooks Wrote:

Linux has to nod before a bunch of pre-prelease patches on the previous
version of the kernel can be called the next version. At this instant,
we have the odd situation of Alan Cox having said (about a month ago)
that 2.2.15 was essentially ready and would probably be released the
next day, and subsequently releasing more pre-15 patches, and also some
pre-16 patches even before there is an official 2.2.15 to base them on.
I guess Linux is particularly busy with the 2.3.* tree in the run-up to
2.4.

* Reminds me of an article from about October last year in a US Linux mag
stating that the 2.4 kernel would be released by the end of the year (1999)
Im still waiting...:)