[plug] Telnet for Windows sucks

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Tue May 2 17:09:07 WST 2000

Leon Brooks wrote:

> "Shackleton, Kevin" wrote:
> > Telnet for Windows does have a Terminal/Preferences/Background colour . .
>
> However, the VT-100 emulation sucks badly. Use PuTTY instead; it also
> encourages installation of ssh.
>
> --
> Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.
(And, when a cat eats a dog, you get a mastiff?) {:^{)

Just out of interest, I have telnetted (?) using WinNT4, to a Murdoch
Uni server, running SunOS, and to an iinet server, running an old
version of RH Linux, and I have had no problem (apart from the backspace
key not working, which is trivial), and I consistently get black text on
a white background, which is okay for me.
--

Bret Busby