[plug] KDE Help again

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Wed May 3 14:44:52 WST 2000

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 02:36:02PM +0800, Earnshaw, Mike wrote:
> List,
>
> Still on my quest to replace my NTW desktop with Linux/KDE.

A noble goal. :)

Just briefly...

> 2. I have never used mail on a Linux box before. I selected all the
> defaults. I have pointed the "inbox" to our Exchange server, using
> mail.wa:25 and I get nothing.

Unless I've misunderstood something, I don't think you can use
anything but Exchange/Outlook mail clients with the MS Exchange
mailserver.

I'm sure others on the list will be able to clarify/correct me.

> I now there must be more to this, but the sendmail HOWTO looks so
> daunting .... and I am not even sure if I am reading the correct
> HOWTO to solve this problem.

Sorry if I sound pedantic :), but what problem precisely are you
trying to solve?

It's just that your mention of sendmail seems out of context and I'm
not sure what you're trying to do.

> Any guidance please
> MTIA

Pete.