[plug] Cannon Postscript Printer

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Wed May 3 17:54:56 WST 2000

"Shackleton, Kevin" wrote:

> Shouldn't you use Ghostscript to convert inbound Postscript to a simpler
> raster page description language (like HP PCL) and thus avoid the problem
> with Postscript and 24 MB?  Presumably the Canon (1 n) will do something
> like PCL.  That's how I have my Deskjet 500 set up.

Nope it's a Canon Postscript IPU (Intelligent Processing Unit)
which plugs into the back of a Canon 500 Color Photocopier.

> Alternatively - have you opened up the printer?  You might find you can
> stick a 32 MB SIMM or two into it which may overcome your problem.

Nope.. no joy there..

We seem to have fixed the problem..
Word 2000 is doing something funky with the fonts... so we
told the braindead windows printer driver to only use
Truetype fonts..
Admittedly, it takes about 7 minutes to process a page if
we have a watermark in it, but it does print the files
correctly..

I'm looking into mpage though.. thanks for all your help..

--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would