[plug] Cannon Postscript Printer

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Wed May 3 15:52:13 WST 2000

Shouldn't you use Ghostscript to convert inbound Postscript to a simpler
raster page description language (like HP PCL) and thus avoid the problem
with Postscript and 24 MB?  Presumably the Canon (1 n) will do something
like PCL.  That's how I have my Deskjet 500 set up.

Alternatively - have you opened up the printer?  You might find you can
stick a 32 MB SIMM or two into it which may overcome your problem.

Somewhat contradicting the last suggestion, the printer should compose the
document page by page and so should need only 1 page worth of graphic memory
(around 4 MB).  Are you sure (you say you have 5 printers) that you haven't
got a handshaking problem with the Canon's port.  Have you tried moving it
up to the first parallel port?

K.