DNS (was [plug] next meeting)

Damion Hill dhill at wantree.com.au
Thu May 4 18:51:33 WST 2000

Simon,
I got a working DNS set up at home using the DNS HOW-TO
http://www.linux.org.au/LDP/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO.html and little
bit of creativity to iron out a couple of quirks.

I used the same HOW-TO to set up a DNS at work which has been
suitable for use from a client perspective. Recently I got hold of
"DNS and BIND 3rd Ed", Albitz & Liu, O'Reilly - ISBN 1-56592-512-
2 and have modified the DNS at work and added a slave for
redundancy. The book is really quite easy to follow. I picked the
book up from LSL (http://www.lsl.com.au/) and that worked out
cheaper (even after p&h) than going to Dymocks Technical on
William St.

Cheers,
Damion.

--