[plug] next meeting

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu May 4 21:49:54 WST 2000

Mark Davis wrote:
> Good plan.  I have a spare 486 or ten lion around (sorry bout that).  Be glad to throw one in.

One each? They would have to be...

    1. working 486DXes or better
    2. 16M or more of RAM
    3. 400M or more (recommend 800+) of HDD

...to be able to demo most services happily. Squeezing resources below
that or using dodgy hardware makes it all hard work. I know. You're
receiving this through a 486SLC40 with 12M of RAM and a 250M HDD, which
also runs a webserver, DNS, FTP, mail, SSH server, SQL database...
well... if I were to be brutally honest, I would say "walks" all of the
above, and not all at once.

--
Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.