[plug] next meeting

Paul Dean thecave at iinet.net.au
Thu May 4 22:07:32 WST 2000

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Leon Brooks wrote:

> Mark Davis wrote:
> > Good plan.  I have a spare 486 or ten lion around (sorry bout that).  Be glad to throw one in.
>
> One each? They would have to be...
>
>     1. working 486DXes or better
>     2. 16M or more of RAM
>     3. 400M or more (recommend 800+) of HDD
>
> ...to be able to demo most services happily. Squeezing resources below
> that or using dodgy hardware makes it all hard work. I know. You're
> receiving this through a 486SLC40 with 12M of RAM and a 250M HDD, which
> also runs a webserver, DNS, FTP, mail, SSH server, SQL database...

Yes I would like to hear and learn a bit more about mail please...
Currently running NFS to sort my mail through... a bit funny I know but only been at it for about 8 mths...

> well... if I were to be brutally honest, I would say "walks" all of the
> above, and not all at once.

Oh BTW Hya all, I'm the new kid on the block, just signed up today to plug...

--
Paul

/* How important is your Life? */
/* Jesus gave His to give you yours... */