[plug] PCI Modems

John Breen jbreen at wn.com.au
Fri May 5 08:31:23 WST 2000

I have just acquired a Netcomm PCI internal modem and, thinking to
myself "It's a little faster than my 336 external", I put it in my
Linux (Debian) box.

The BIOS says "hey, there's a modem here!", but Linux doesn't seem to
know about it.  Specifically, wvdial sacans the serial ports but
can't seem to pick up the modem.

I'm guessing that I need to get a serial port device (ttySx) mapped
to the IRQ and address that the modem has grabbed, but how?  I'm not
really a Linux wizard, so I haven't figured it yet.

Any ideas anyone?  Getting a non-pnp modem is not at present an
option.

Regards

John Breen