[plug] Linux book recommendations

Peter Crystal darke at indigo.net.au
Fri May 5 18:59:27 WST 2000

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 05:01:49PM +0800, Mike Holland wrote:
> Looking for a beginners linux/unix book that isnt for idiots.
> Should be command-line oriented, and explain the theory, rather than lots
> of pretty screenshots of the GUI layers.
>
> Last I heard, the O'reilley "Running Linux" and "Linux in a nutshell"
> were considered good. Are there any newer or other books worth checking?

The linux in a nutshell book (although long) is very good. I am currently
reviewing parts of the 3rd edition for ORA. And its seems to be getting
bigger and better <grins>

Peter 'darkewolf' Crystal
--
email   : darke at debian.org || darke at indigo.net.au || darkewolf at cyberpunks.org
url     : http://cyberpunks.org/darke/homepage.phtml

Programming , Webdesign, AI theory, Paranoia, System Administration,
Network Design, Problem Solutions

  A disciple of another sect once came  to Drescher as he was eating his
morning meal. "I would like to give you this personality test", said the
outsider, "because I want you to be happy." Drescher took the paper that
was offered him and put it into the toaster, saying: "I wish the toaster
to be happy, too."