[plug] Linux book recommendations

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Sat May 6 12:52:12 WST 2000

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 05:22:14PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> Mike Holland wrote:

> I believe that Trevor raised this question, a couple of months ago.
>
> Try "A Practical Guide to Linux", by Mark G Sobell.

"Running Linux" is definitely a better book that that.  I'm not familiar
with the new edition but the old edition gave a very good overview of
how to manage and perform common tasks on a Linux system.  It was Linux
specific though so it didn't go all that deep into general Unix usage.

Regards,

Christian.