[plug] Am I Being Hacked?

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue May 9 14:12:33 WST 2000

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Earnshaw, Mike wrote:

>  Maybe the
> cleaner .... we have no vermin that resemble cats (or feet warmers either
> ;-)
> The three consecutive attempts are what threw me.

I was kidding about the keyboard of course. It doesnt really look like
line noise either. Nor PPP. Anyone recognise the pattern?

The (null) means login was not run on a network pseudo-terminal. What else
could run login? Do you have any serial terminals?
  Any new cron jobs running at that time ?

Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--
antispam: rot 13 my email xor with the first 20 letters of the king james bible and run crypt to mail me.