replying to long lines (was Unix)

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Wed May 10 12:43:38 WST 2000

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 11:28:40AM +0800, Bevan Broun wrote:
> on Wed, May 10, 2000 at 11:08:13AM +0800, Mike Holland <myk at golden.wattle.id.au> wrote:
> > [ I use pine. Do other mailers break up lines before quoting them in
> > replies? ]
>
> mutt wraps the long line with a when viewing or replying. The "qf"
> command in Vim, the editor I use for everything, will wrap the quoted
> text AND add the extra ">" at the start of each line. It's quite a
> nice feature.

Any idea how to get vim to do proper automatic word-wrapping like that
of Netscape or any word processor?  I've fiddled around with a couple of
options and can get it to wrap automatically when I type something but
if I go back and edit something on a previous line then it will push
all of this past the textwidth I've specified and make it all ugly again
and I have to manually re-format it... I know there must be a better
way!

Thanks in advance,

Christian.