case of double e-mails

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Sun May 14 09:43:23 WST 2000

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 03:29:12PM +0800, Jon L. Miller wrote:
> Does anyone know how to stop double e-mails from coming into my server.
> Seems all my e-mails from newgroups and other listserver are sending me 2
> e-mails both being the same.  Any idea how to stop the e-mail from doubling?

You have your reply-to address set to your email address so when someone
replies to you they have to CC the list in which case you get two
emails.  That is at least the reason you're getting too emails from this
list (and has been covered here before *numerous* times).  Unset your
reply-to address and you may find the number of duplicate emails
dramatically reduce.  Of course, some lists don't try to set the
reply-to to be the list in which case people still CC the list and you
will get two every time you post.  As I think has been suggested you can
use procmail for this if you really want.

Regards,

Christian.