[plug] X selection, cut, copy, clipboard

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu May 18 11:01:42 WST 2000

The concepts of clipboard, selection, cut buffer etc. in X can get quite
confusing. Athena widgets, Motif, Emacs, etc can all use them differently
in cut & paste operations.

  Can anyone suggest a good reference that concisely explains how each of
these are used, and how they should be used?  - comparing the way
different widget sets are used. I guess KDE and Gnome have their own ways.

  Sometimes I find myself copying a selection to xemacs, then re-selecting
it so I can paste into an Xterm.

Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--
antispam: rot 13 my email xor with the first 20 letters of the king james
bible and run crypt to mail me.