[plug] Scheduling Problems

Scott, Simon Simon.Scott at SEALCORP.com.au
Thu May 18 13:34:57 WST 2000

While we are on the subject, could someone quickly explain what blocking is
for those of us who don't know?

I've always wondered, how is the pre-emptive multitasking maintained? By
interrupting every n timeframe? What happens if I turn interrupts off in a
routine? When would I use a blocking call as opposed to a non-blocking call?
Just who is that masked man?

I understand the differences between polling and interrupts, although I have
never played with interrupts on an intel machine (but I can code some mean
IRQ/NMI routines on a 6502! :)

Does someone want to spend 5 minutes writing a quick summary?

Stay up hacking each weekend. Sleep is for the week.