[plug] Scheduling Problems

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu May 18 12:54:39 WST 2000

Follow up 2.
It's the select call causing the problem.
Sort of, I opened the port blocking, and used
fdWrite() and fdRead(), which block nicely, and
I get this result if not using select().

The data is written to the port, and the task then blocks for
10ms. When it gets woken up for it's next timelsice, it reads
the data that has been available for the last 8ms, processes
it, writes the next poll and blocks for another 10ms.

The runtime for the task is 35uSec (Man I love storage cro's)
so for the rest of the 10msec, the system is idle and the task
is blocked.

--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would