[plug] Scheduling and Blocking Explained

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu May 18 23:49:29 WST 2000

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Beau Kuiper wrote:

> > Would pthreads be the best way to do that? Rather than low-level
> > non-portable system calls.
>
> Please note, these are NOT low end non-portable system calls. System V
> shared memory and semephores exist on MOST unix architechures (more than

I was the refering to the use of fork/clone() system call for threads,
which is only Linux AFAIK.
   Two processes using System V shared memory isnt my idea of 'threads'.

Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--
antispam: rot 13 my email xor with the first 20 letters of the king james
bible and run crypt to mail me.