[plug] Apache

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Fri May 19 08:35:03 WST 2000

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Robert Andrews wrote:

> Hi all when a user trys to go to his home page on my Linux box
> with "server/~user"
> they get access denied
> Also the Public_html directory is not automaticly created below is the
> section from the srm.conf
> which if i am reading corectly the public directory should be
> automaticly created by appache

No the "UserDir" directive tell apace wher to look.  if that dir doesn't exist
then apache spits a generic "access denied" message.

Just create the dir manually or add it to /etc/skel (then any NEW users will
get one by default.

Once you have created the public_html dir then you need to check the "other"
permissions for your home directory and the public_html dir.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */