[plug] New(ish) release of PostgreSQL

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Mon May 22 13:29:06 WST 2000

Peter Wright wrote:
> Groovy. Did you get this info from the postgres site? If so, where was it?

That and from an article about the funds injection (probably via
http://LinuxToday.com/). I also did a survey and asked for a free
T-shirt. (-:

> I don't think I've heard of any
> other open source projects getting anything close to that amount of
> funding (with the exception of those projects like Mozilla and Gnome
> that are largely funded/supported/developed by a single company for
> their own purposes).

This case will be similar. GreatBridge appear to be improving PostGreSQl
for their own purposes. Unlike Netscape, there doesn't seem to have been
a false start with the licencing.

http://www.greatbridge.com/

--
Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.