[plug] New(ish) release of PostgreSQL

Colin Rothnie colinr at tiwest.com.au
Mon May 22 15:26:05 WST 2000

I have found the pgsql-sql mailing list to be very informative with regards
to Postgres and general SQL issues.  See
http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-sql/

I am running Postgresql Version 7 (final release version) and have found the
new in-built foreign key implimentation considerably easier to use than the
previous trigger-based work-around.

I just wish the RPM version of PHP (with Postgresql support) worked out of
the box.  I have tried both the RH 6.1 & 6.2 rpms, but neither of them will
talk to Postgresql.  It now looks as though I will have to get my hands
dirty compiling PHP from source (which also means recompiling Apache from
source ...).

Cheers
Colin Rothnie