[plug] New(ish) release of PostgreSQL

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon May 22 15:47:01 WST 2000

On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 03:26:05PM +0800, Colin Rothnie wrote:
> I have found the pgsql-sql mailing list to be very informative with
> regards to Postgres and general SQL issues.  See
> http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-sql/

Thanks for the tip. I might add that to my collection of mailing
lists. :)

[ snip ]
> I just wish the RPM version of PHP (with Postgresql support) worked
> out of the box.  I have tried both the RH 6.1 & 6.2 rpms, but
> neither of them will talk to Postgresql.  It now looks as though I
> will have to get my hands dirty compiling PHP from source (which
> also means recompiling Apache from source ...).

Oh, but that's just where it starts to get fun! :)

Seriously, I find building Apache and its many extensions (I've mainly
dealt with mod_perl, tho' I did try out PHP once) from source is
generally preferable to relying on packaging. It's not usually too
difficult either.

> Cheers
> Colin Rothnie

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
ARTHUR: I've said I'm sorry about the old woman, but from the behind you
        looked ...