[plug] netscape settings?

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Tue May 23 05:20:21 WST 2000

           Re: [plug] netscape settings?
       Date:
           Mon, 22 May 2000 13:23:29 +0800 (WST)
      From:
           Mike Holland <myk at golden.wattle.id.au>
        To:
           plug at plug.linux.org.au

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Mark Saxon wrote:

>> For some reason when I try to send outgoing mail I get the following error
>>
>> Netscape is unable to open the temporary file
>>
>> Check your 'Temporary Directory' setting and try again

>Mark,
>That might refer to the 'TEMP' environment variable, which should be
>set to /VAR/tamp or some other writable dire. What's your $TEMP ?

Well I did check this at the $ prompt ...... no TEMP variable set for mark so I
tried

'set  TEMP=/VAR/tamp' and made sure this directory was writable although when I
check the environmental variables with 'set' it looks like this.

I wish I could figure this out I'm sick of cutting and pasting email to kmail
and adding all the little arrows :-).

Oddly when I use kmail I get another message

file I/O error
This is a directory not a file
/home/mark

Strange that ... any conection ?  Strewth I've been using Linux for a year I
think I'm doomed to be a newbi for ever!

Mark

INPUTRC=/etc/inputrc
KDEDIR=/usr
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/rvplayer:/usr/lib/rvplayer
LINES=71
LOGNAME=mark
MAIL=/var/spool/mail/mark
MAILCHECK=60
OPTERR=1
OPTIND=1
OSTYPE=Linux
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/mark/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/mark/bin
PPID=5352
PS1=[\u@\h \W]\$
PS2=>
PS4=+