[plug] Monday meeting summary, Channel 7 tour offer

John Breen jbreen at wn.com.au
Tue May 23 08:29:56 WST 2000

---- Original Message ----
From: bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] Monday meeting summary, Channel 7 tour offer
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 23:21:07 +0800

>Leon Brooks wrote:

{SNIP}

>Please explain the bit about the RH 6.0 boxes. Are they esecially
>vulnerable? If so, is the vulnerability reduced in RH 6.2?

I should imagine it's in reference to a thread that went through the
list not too long ago about somebody's comments that RedHat hat
certain built-in weaknesses that (apparently) other Linuxes and
Unixes don't, which therefore raise large security issues.  (Am I
right Leon?)

I also seem to remember the eventual outcome of the discussion being
that if RedHat has these security holes, then so would any other
Linux distro and that since they weren't apparent in (say,) Debian it
was probably all a big hoax.