[plug] Wierd message

Paul Baumgarten paul at kcc.wa.edu.au
Tue May 23 09:01:48 WST 2000

Hi all

I've been getting an intermittant message on my gateway machine (RH6.0)

On my console I get:
svc: bad direction 65538, dropping request

And then in my messages log I get:
May xx xx:xx:xx gw kernel: svc: bad direction 65538, dropping request

My kernel is stock standard 2.2.5-22 that came with RH6.0.  The messages
started occuring about a week ago.  The "bad direction" is always 65538
(which is 2 higher than the max for a 16bit integer - whether or not that
has anything to do with it I don't know).

Anyone got any ideas as to what the message is trying to tell me?

Rgds

Paul Baumgarten (email: paul at kcc.wa.edu.au)