[plug] Monday meeting summary, Channel 7 tour offer

Tom Hallam thallam at ee.uwa.edu.au
Tue May 23 14:13:48 WST 2000

Thanks to all those who attended the SAGE/AUUG meeting.  It was good
to see so many enthusiastic new faces.  I'll cross post the SAGE and
AUUG meeting notices (if you do not mind) to the plug list so that you
can attend future meetings. As I said at the meeting: "It would be
good to foster closer ties between the three groups"

Tom Hallam

PS
	The food was an added extra for the night although we do have some
food at SAGE meetings.

Leon Brooks wrote:

> First, about 8 PLUGgers and assorted others piled into the SAGE/WAUUG
> meeting and learned a bit about cyberwarfare from the horse's mouth, so
> to speak. I will be implementing some automatic countermeasures as a
> consequence. Visit http://www.auscert.com.au/ and follow the links for
> more details. Bret will be pleased to know that some recent (March 2000)
> scan were targeting RedHat 6.0 boxes. (-: The food was yummy as well,
> which always helps. (-:
>
> Upon reporting to the UCC, we found 3 boxes awaiting therapy, which
> various from amongst our number applied. Mr Navarre got a VESA console,
> and will now be making full use of his 19" work monitor, since the fonts
> are nearly unreadable on the 14" he dragged along. Mike now owns his own
> files and so no longer needs to run as root to do anything.
>
> Our illustrious Channel 7 representative has been officially told that
> his tenure evapourates in 11 months, and wishes to squeeze in a tour for
> the group before his curtain call. A Sunday morning would be good, so we
> can push a button and blackscreen a sport just as it gets exciting. He's
> going on 5 months' long service leave in July, so I nominate the Sunday
> 13 days hence, starting at 9AM. Any seconders?
>
> --
> Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.

Tom Hallam                                     ph: (08) 9380 1634
Information Systems Manager.                  fax: (08) 9380 1065
Dept. Electrical and Electronic Engineering. mobile: 0410 453 630
University of Western Australia                           rm: G72
http://www.ee.uwa.edu.au/~thallam    mailto:thallam at ee.uwa.edu.au