[plug] /newbie - DNS problems?

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Wed May 24 11:27:55 WST 2000

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 11:11:31AM +0800, Earnshaw, Mike wrote:
> Attached is a report I have been receiving regularly on our Linux box. Being
> fairly new and not knowledgeable of DNS, how bad are these messages?
> Comments from more knowledgeable DNS people would be greatly appreciated.

Do you need to be running a DNS server?  If you're new to it and
presumably haven't configured it to do anything then it doesn't make
much sense to be running it and is only going to be taking up system
resources and exposing you to additional security risk.  If you don't
need it, uninstall it.

Regards,

Christian.