[plug] /newbie - DNS problems?

Beau Kuiper kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au
Wed May 24 11:52:12 WST 2000

Hi,

I agree 250%. If you don't explicitly need DNS, get rid of it. Several remote
exploits have been found in bind (the DNS server package) over time. There may
be more in there.

BTW, DNS, bind in particular, is hard to configure. Much harder than any other
program I have had to configure on linux. There is a lot of background
knowledge needed just to get started configuring it.

Beau Kuiper
kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au