[plug] /newbie - DNS problems?

Earnshaw, Mike earnshawm at wa.switch.aust.com
Wed May 24 12:00:11 WST 2000

The DNS server was setup prior to my arrival with the company. OK, maybe a
stupid question here, but how would I determine whether we need a DNS server
or not? We have a 24hr access to the Internet, should I just rely on the
upstream one? Assuming I remove the DNS server in house, what impact will
that demonstrate on the end-users?

Many thanks

Mike