[plug] initrd problems

Clive Mitchell cwmitche at echidna.stu.cowan.edu.au
Thu May 25 21:43:44 WST 2000

Hi, I'm having a problem with booting using initrd. I'm using the current
slackware distribution with a 2.2.13 kernel containg loopback, ramdisk
and initrd support. I have created the boot image and using the following
lilo.conf

image = /boot/vmlinuz
  initrd = /boot/initrd.bin
  label = initrd
  read-only

The system appears to be booting ok in that I can see the image being
loaded into ram and then the real root hard drive is mounted and normal
boot continues. When I log in the boot image is now mounted under /initrd.
The problem is however that I cannot get /linuxrc to execute. Any
suggestions?

Ta