[plug] Redirecting Web Data

Mike from West Australia erazmus at wantree.com.au
Fri May 26 13:09:57 WST 2000

At 10:57 PM 25/5/2000 +0800, you wrote:
>On Thu, 25 May 2000, Mike from West Australia wrote:
>
>> >wget http://url.goes.here/ -O file.txt
>>
>> Question: Is there a way to handle username/passwords with a preset
>> number of retries (rather more then 3).
>
>Have you RTFMed ?        --http-user --http-passwd  --tries=num

<hrrrm> Nop, I don't have a linux system (as yet, though close)...
You can consider my query pre-emptive for when I do get a linux
system up and running - this query is related to the unix server
at my ISP during a telnet session... An no I haven't found a manual
or the time to get oriented to unix's scripting etc.

I've received a reply wqhich covers the principle with a sample
script, I'll take it from there,

Tah

Mike