[plug] sound card

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Fri May 26 17:29:44 WST 2000

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 05:08:36PM +0800, filpee at iinet.net.au wrote:
> hey pluggers...
> anyone out there managed to get a soundblaster live card working
> with linux-2.2.14   I went to the creative labs web site but they
> seem only to supply binarys for older versions of the linux kernel

Yes, I use(d) my SBLive with 2.2.14 (even with SMP on!). I'm now using
2.2.15 but haven't built the SBLive module for it yet.

The driver for the SBLive has actually been GPLed by Creative - Alan
Cox has done a fair bit of work on it too. I don't think it's been
incorporated into the main kernel tree yet though, despite the fact
it's quite usable (I've had no problems with it).

Go to

http://opensource.creative.com/

and you shall find what you seek.

> TIA
>
> Phil Pearson

Hope that helps,

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
"Calling EMACS an editor is like calling the Earth a hunk of dirt."

  -- Chris DiBona on Dirt (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)