[plug] Search contents of a file

Earnshaw, Mike earnshawm at wa.switch.aust.com
Fri May 26 18:19:52 WST 2000

List,

I am trying to locate files that contain some text, I know it must be
easy but it eludes me :-(

When in /etc ...

cat * | grep mail.wa

lists something, but I want to identify which filename so that I can
edit that file.

We have had to replace our M$ Exchange box which receives mail from a RH
box, it's 1830 and everyone wants there mail ... HELP PLS

Thanks in advance,

----
Mike Earnshaw       | "It don't mean a thing if     | e-mail in header
Computer Systems    | you cain't get that Ping...." | Tel: +61 8 9256
1099
  Support           |    Duke Ellington, 1932       | Fax: +61 8 9256
1199
----
Union Switch & Signal, 24 Bannick Court, Canning Vale, WA 6155,
Australia