vesafb (was Re: [plug] Framebuffer problem)

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Mon May 29 15:19:30 WST 2000

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Peter Wright wrote:

> Just as an aside from my previous request (thanks for trying to help,
> Matt :) - has anyone out there got the _vesa_ framebuffer working?

Just for reference:

vga16fb: initializing
vga16fb: mapped to 0xc00a0000
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 80x30
fb0: VGA16 VGA frame buffer device

That came from a crappy old (S3 based I _think_) ISA card running vga16fb
You might wish to try that one instead of the vesafb.

I get the same messages from a system running vga16fb on a newish (but
still crappy) S3 based AGP card.

 - Matt